Procurement surgeries announced for Fife and Tayside businesses
To support local suppliers in the Fife, Angus, Dundee City, and Perth & Kinross Council areas, the four local authorities will be hosting Procurement Surgeries, in partnership with the Supplier Development Programme (SDP) on a rotating basis.
The first Procurement Surgery will be hosted by Perth & Kinross Council on 25 January.
The Procurement Surgeries are only open to SME businesses within the Angus, Dundee City, Fife and Perth and Kinross Council areas. All of the councils are looking to talk to suppliers that have either previously bid for the councils’ contracts or suppliers who have previously attended the Supplier Development Programmes free tender training.
The aims of the Procurement Surgeries are to:
- Signpost and prepare businesses to local support, aiming to increase their confidence when tendering with the public sector;
- Assist suppliers in gaining knowledge of local supply chain opportunities across Fife and Tayside;
- Help the Councils build relationships with suppliers and break down barriers to bidding;
- Raise awareness of the opportunities within public sector procurement, such as Regulated Procurement Pipelines; and
- Support suppliers in becoming ‘tender ready’ with the Supplier Development Programme to better understand and respond to the ‘ask’ from local authorities in procurement.
Support from the Supplier Development Programme
The surgeries are by appointment only and will be conducted via Webex. Once confirmed, suppliers will be given a pre-arranged 20-minute time slot between 9:00am – 1:00pm. The Procurement Surgeries will be running throughout 2022 into the beginning of 2023. Don’t worry if you do not get a place to the first session with your chosen council, as each local authority will host two sessions each.
The dates and hosting authorities include:
The booking process for all sessions is now open.
Create an accountRegister now
In this section