3.2 Expanding Your Business Globally – Tendering in New Markets
Postponed – future date TBC
Do you want to grow your business by exploring new public sector markets?
Wider opportunities are not always as easy to find, so you need to commit time and resources into investigating them. Businesses may be surprised to learn that the procurement rules in Scotland and the rest of the UK are currently largely the same, but this may change when the full impact of Brexit is known. So how can businesses based within Scotland find and win public sector contracts within the rest of the UK, Europe and larger countries signed up to the World Trade Organisation’s Agreement on Government Procurement such as Australia, Canada, China, Japan, and the USA?
At this training one of SDP’s expert trainers will show you where to find opportunities in new public sector markets, including for OJEU and international contracts.
Advances in technology is making it easier for businesses of all sizes to work internationally, the trainer will give an overview of what considerations your business needs to take into account before start expanding globally.
Overview of what you will learn:
- How to find new opportunities in the rest of the UK, Europe and globally
- How to set up a business development strategy in a global public sector
- What considerations your business need to think about when working internationally
- How to adapt to new opportunities
- Common mistakes businesses make and how to avoid them
At the end of the session, there will be an interactive Q&A session where you will have the opportunity to ask the questions you have and how to navigate expansion of your business through public sector contracts in a post-Brexit environment.
This event is suitable for Level 3 (Advanced) if you have a very good understanding of public sector procurement (completed Level 1 and 2 or have equivalent experience) & you have bid for a public sector contract on more than one occasion.
How to prepare for this webinar
You can attend the webinar from the comfort of your own desk – the joining instructions and Cisco WebEx link are contained within the confirmation email received at time of booking, and also within the reminder emails. To prepare, you can access SDP's top tips on how to join a webinar, or alternatively please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further questions about the joining process.
Please feel free to join the webinar before the start time.
Don't just take our word for it! Here is what our suppliers had to say
- "I found it useful to hear previous examples for other businesses." – Micro business based in Glasgow
- "The course was extremely helpful and well presented." – Small business based in North Ayrshire
- "I enjoyed the Q&A session." – Small business based in Edinburgh
- "It was so useful to get lots of information regarding where to find global opportunities we can bid for." - Medium sized business based in Renfrewshire
Log in to book for this event.
Create an accountRegister now
In this section