Meet the Buyer 2020: Live Virtual Event
|Venue:||Twitter - Online Event|
Tuesday 2 June 2020, 10.00am-4:00pm
Don’t have an account yet? Register now.
The Supplier Development Programme previously announced that due to the restrictions on public gatherings during the COVID-19 crisis, its Annual Meet the Buyer Event was postponed from 2 June 2020 to 8 June 2021. While a physical Meet the Buyer event cannot take place this year, the Supplier Development Programme is proud to announce that a virtual event will be held on 2 June 2020 that will focus on suppliers engaging with public sector buyers through a “Twitter Takeover,” supported by two SDP training webinars.
Participating is as easy as 1...2...3!
1. Register your interest in Meet the Buyer Live!
You can register your interest in on the official event page on the SDP website, and updates will be emailed to you as they are announced.
2. Book your place on Meet the Buyer Live webinars!
Suppliers are encouraged to sign up to two webinars on Frameworks & Dynamic Purchasing Systems (DPS), which will run in the morning, and Public Contracts Scotland (PCS): What would you like to know? which will run in the afternoon.
To participate in webinars, you must register in advance on the SDP website to attend the webinar from the comfort of your own desk. The joining instructions and link will be emailed to you the day before. You can access SDP's top tips on how to join a webinar, or alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have further questions about the joining process.
3. Save the date and join the conversation on Twitter on 2 June!
Suppliers will be able to interact on Twitter, follow the #MeetTheBuyer2020 hashtag and ask real time questions to public sector buyers that will participate in a “Twitter Takeover” of the SDP Scotland account on 2 June. Suppliers will be able to ask questions on Twitter they normally ask face-to-face at Meet the Buyer, on wide-ranging topics such as how to do business with the buyer and what upcoming contracts and frameworks may be available.
The confirmed agenda the takeover of the SDP Twitter Account on 2 June includes:
- 10:00am - 11:00 am - Fife Means Business: How to Engage with Fife Council and Explore Community Benefits
- 11:00am - 12:00 noon - Progressing the Procurement Pipeline and Future Opportunities with East Renfrewshire Council
- 12:00 noon - 1:00pm - Exploring Quick Quotes with South Ayrshire Council
- 1:00pm - 2:00pm - Construction and SMEs with Scottish Government
- 2:00pm - 3:00pm - Finding Contract Opportunities and Other Practical Tips with SDP Scotland
To participate in the live virtual event on Twitter, suppliers must create and login to a Twitter account on the day.
If you have questions about the Meet the Buyer 2020: Live Virtual Event, please email email@example.com. We hope to "see" you virtually on the day!
Register for this event to receive regular updates via email. You must also register separately if you wish to participate in each SDP webinar.
Create an accountRegister now
In this section