Zero Waste Scotland: How your organisation can reduce single-use
Wednesday 22 November 2023, 2:00-3:30pm
Want to reduce the amount of single use items you use but don’t know where to start? This webinar will cover how to comply with the law, new developments to help tackle disposable cups and also how to go further and reduce single use items of all types.
An estimated 388.7 million single-use beverage cups are used every year in Scotland, equating to an estimated 4,000 tonnes of waste each year. Yet 77% of people in Scotland say they are concerned by the amount of single-use packaging and items we use.
Zero Waste Scotland are committed to providing businesses with a clear understanding on how they can make positive changes which will help make a significant impact to Scotland's Circular Economy. This can be through useful resources on the Single-Use Plastics Ban, which came into effect a year ago, or implementing a reusable cup scheme provides an opportunity to help tackle the consumption of single-use cups.
Join us and our soon to be announced speakers as we provide valuable insight into the value of reducing our disposable and single-use plastics with an opportunity to speak to the experts.
• Information on how to comply with the ban on selected single-use items in Scotland
• Details of the proposal to introduce a charge on single-use cups
• The benefits of offering reusables
• First-hand experience from businesses who have implemented reusable cup schemes
• Examples, benefits, challenges and how to overcome them
• Details of the support Zero Waste Scotland can offer to assist with setting up a scheme
Who should attend?
All types of organisations can attend this webinar, whether you:
• Are an SME, larger business, third sector and business support agency/professional
• Are interested in reusable cup schemes
• Or are just interested in finding out more
Don't miss out: join the free webinar Wednesday 22d November 2023 from 14:00 - 15:30 BST.
Create an accountRegister now
In this section