Aberdeen City Council Invites Suppliers to Bid for a Place on a Dynamic Purchasing System
Aberdeen City Council has published a contract notice on Public Contracts Scotland (PCS) inviting suppliers to bid for a place on a Dynamic Purchasing System (DPS) for the provision of a range of training services over the course of a five-year period.
This DPS is operated by Aberdeen City Council, but will be open for use by Aberdeenshire Council and Highland Council as well.
A variety of Lots will be available and suppliers are encouraged to come forward to gain a place on a Lot pertaining to the services they offer. The Lots are as follows;
- Lot 1 – Corporate Training and Development - This covers a range of training provisions to meet the learning requirements of key skills required across the Council. Including but not exclusive to: a range of Leadership & Management development training from the first line management topics through to executive leadership development, couching and mentoring training, 1:1 and group couching, presentation, facilitation, personal impact training etc.
- Lot 2 – Health and Safety Training - This covers a range of general and role-specific training to meet the learning requirements for staff competences across the Council, e.g. First Aid, working safely at height, manual handling of objects and people, lone working, etc.
- Lot 3 – Education Training - This covers all aspects of learning required to ensure staff in education have the skills and knowledge to continue to provide services to children and young people and where required, maintain registration with professional bodies.
- Lot 4 – Social Work and Care Training - To ensure staff meet registration requirements, and have the necessary skills to carry out their duties that will keep children and adults safe.
- Lot 5 – Digital and Data Training - Digital and data training covers all the digital skills required to support the delivery of services and to enable staff to add to, and maintain their knowledge and skills where there are system changes and/or upgrades, retain professional certification, or improve their knowledge and skills.
- Lot 6 – Mechanical Plant & Vehicle Use Training - This covers all aspects of vehicle use encompassing areas of driver training through to the maintenance of vehicles to ensure competence and compliance with regulations. Examples of vehicle training would be CPC, HGV, and forklift training.
- Lot 7 – Equipment Use Training - To ensure staff are trained on safe and compliant use of equipment or machinery specific to their area of work, mitigating risks to themselves and/or others. Training includes, workshop skills, the use of machinery, abrasive wheels and workshop machinery.
- Lot 8 – Professional Role Training - This covers professional roles which encompasses business and operational areas requiring training to either maintain registration with professional bodies or to demonstrate competence e.g. planning, legal services, and areas of environmental health.
- Lot 9 – Trades Training - This Lot relates to all Trades training requirements covering areas such as building and construction work, gas and electrical safety and roads maintenance. These would cover areas such as gas safety, electrical safety, construction etc.
- Lot 10 – Other Training - This Lot pertains to any additional training out with the other nine Lots. Suppliers that have been accepted onto another lot will automatically on boarded onto Lot 10.
Tenders may be submitted for all lots. Duration of the contract for all lots is 60 months with no option for renewal.
If you are interested in potentially bidding for Aberdeen City Council’s Dynamic Purchasing System for the Provision of Training Services contract opportunity, please visit the Public Contracts Scotland website to express your interest in this Notice.
Support from the Supplier Development Programme
Mirco, small and medium sized businesses based in Scotland can access free training with SDP Scotland to get tender ready for this opportunity. Suppliers interested in this opportunity are advised to attend SDP’s free Using Public Contracts Scotland (PCS) – How to Find and Bid for Opportunities webinars. This training provides suppliers with a run through of the PCS and PCS-Tender websites.
Create an accountRegister now
In this section