Scottish Borders Council invites suppliers of Early Learning and Childcare to free tender training
The Scottish Borders Council is seeking suitably qualified early learning and childcare providers to provide funded placements to comply with the Scottish Governments Children and Young People (Scotland) Act 2014. Estimated date of publications for the contract notice is 02/04/2021.
This is a multi-lot contact. The first lot is for ELC Group Services and the second lot is for Childminding Services.
Both lots require the placements to be:
- Available for all 3 and 4 year old children, and eligible 2 year old children.
- A minimum of 1 to maximum of 10 hours per day. This is subject to review according to Scottish Government guidelines.
- Capable of delivering up to 1140 hours per child.
- Available a minimum of 38 weeks of the year (normally term time).
- Free of charge to the parent.
- Flexible to meet the needs of Children/Parents/Carers/Families.
- Delivered in line with Children and Young People (Scotland) Act 2014.
Parents will choose their child's placement from an approved list of providers. The placements will be provided in a nurturing setting and all providers delivering the funded hours will have to meet the National Standard of Early Learning and Childcare providers. The National Standard sets out a clear and consistent set of quality criteria. Only those Providers achieving the required minimum standard and who meet quality criteria will be eligible to be considered.
Support from the Supplier Development ProgrammeLocal micro, small and medium sized businesses can access free training with SDP Scotland to prepare for this opportunity. The Council will be using the PCS online portal to run manage the opportunity. Suppliers interested in this opportunity are invited to attend SDP’s free Using PCS and PCS-T – Early Learning & Childcare Funded Entitlement webinar on 14 April or 22 April. Suppliers can choose which webinar is more convenient to attend.
Create an accountRegister now
In this section