SDP provides tender training for Police Scotland "Deceased Persons" contract
The Scottish Police Authority (SPA) and Crown Office & Procurator Fiscal Service (COPFS) are shortly to release a tender for a Framework for the Uplift and Transportation of Deceased Persons. To support the engagement of SMEs in bidding for this framework opportunity, the Supplier Development Programme is providing three free tender training sessions in Inverness, Glasgow and Perth.
There are a range of circumstances where the SPA and COPFS are required to transport deceased persons when a death occurs in the community; mainly Police Reportable Deaths and unexplained Medical Deaths where the Procurator fiscal instructs the police to carry out an investigation into the circumstances of a death.
The Framework will be split into two Lots:
- Reactive Journeys
- Planned Journeys
It is anticipated that up to 30 Contractors will be appointed across both Lots to ensure sufficient coverage over the whole of Scotland.
The key topics to be discussed at the training session are:
- The requirements of the Framework
- Conditions for participation
- PCS-(Tender) and the tender process
Three training sessions will be held across Scotland, including:
- 1.2 Introduction to PCS and the ESPD - 10 December - Inverness - Highlands and Islands
- 1.2 Introduction to PCS and the ESPD - 14 January - Glasgow - The West
- 1.2 Introduction to PCS and the ESPD - 22 January - Perth - The East
Create an accountRegister now
In this section