The Scottish Procurement Alliance Joins Supplier Development Programme
The Supplier Development Programme (SDP) has welcomed the Scottish Procurement Alliance as an affiliate member in 2019. The Scottish Procurement Alliance will now be able to utilise the Supplier Development Programme to alert the market of upcoming contract and framework opportunities to more than 14,500 registered micro, small, medium and supported businesses.
Speaking in advance of a presentation to the SPA Executive Committee on 5 November, Gillian Cameron, Supplier Development Programme Manager, said:
“Our work to deliver free tender training to Scottish-based SMEs will encourage their involvement in future frameworks that are advertised by the Scottish Procurement Alliance.
“SDP has outlined how we can work together with SPA on pre-tender engagement in the future, and I know that our partnership will mutually benefit SPA partners as we move forward with upcoming opportunities.”
Lesley Anderson, Head of SPA Procurement, said:
“Engaging with as many companies as possible throughout Scotland, and in particular SMEs, is crucial to the development of our frameworks. Thus, ensuring that all our frameworks provided are the best possible offerings for our partners throughout the country.
“Our partnership with SDP will provide early engagement and invaluable added support for these companies.”
Notes for Editors
- SDP is a publicly-funded partnership led by Local Authorities, working in conjunction with Scottish Government and other public bodies, to bring Scottish SMEs support in all aspects of tendering. By assisting businesses to become tender ready for public procurement, SDP improves all-round efficiency, sustainability and market potential.
- For more information on SPA, please visit www.scottishprocurement.scot, follow SPA on Twitter @ScottishProcure or call 01506 894 395 to speak to a member of the team.
- In Scotland, there is an annual public spend of £11billion. In the UK, there is an annual public spend of £240billion. SDP Scotland offers free training throughout Scotland to Scottish SMEs to support and champion them tendering for this work.
- Membership of SDP provides:
- early market awareness and promotion of potential tender/supply chain opportunities;
- support at the organisation’s tender-related supplier engagement events;
- additional participation in the organisation’s tender and supply chain opportunities; and
- assistance to organisations to promote the availability of the Supplier Development Programme’s free procurement training to the organisation’s supply base.
www.sdpscotland.co.uk for more information.for more information.
Create an accountRegister now
In this section