Highlands and Islands Networking Together (HINT) Group
When the Highland Cluster Group reverted to membership of central Government bodies only, the Highlands and Islands Networking Together (HINT) Group was set up by the Supplier Development Programme to continue the networking of public sector bodies in the Highlands and Islands.
Its purpose is to discuss and facilitate the drive for best practice of procurement activity, share key documents and to improved visibility of contracts, key projects and opportunities for supplier engagement to aid economic recovery. Attendees share best practice, discuss new and existing Scottish Government policies and their impact upon local businesses in the North of Scotland, give practical advice on creating procurement reports, and participate in discussion on procurement barriers and how to overcome them, as well as participate in general networking with the various public sector bodies in the region.
HINT meets twice per year as a virtual meeting, which provides much-needed access to support inclusion across the wider geography providing an informal forum to continue to support procurement colleagues.
- Increase networking opportunities within the Highlands and Islands region
- Discussion of current and hot topics
- Discussion upcoming and future contract opportunities
Members of HINT include:
- Scottish Government
- Highlands and Islands Enterprise
- Shetland Islands Council
- Comhairle nan Eilean Siar
- Orkney Council
- Aberdeen City Council
- Moray Council
- Scottish Fire and Rescue Scotland
- Forestry and Land Scotland
- Social Security Scotland
- NHS Highland
- University of the Highlands and Islands
- Nature Scot
- Scottish Land Commission
- Police Scotland
- Highlands and Islands Airports Limited
- Supplier Development Programme
For more information and to get involved with HINT, please contact the Supplier Development Programme Manager.
Create an accountRegister now
In this section