Businesses invited to meet the ‘real’ buyer
A UNIQUE event giving direct access to South Lanarkshire Council buyers is to take place in Hamilton this month.
‘Meet the Real Buyer’ on Tuesday November 27th (10am-3pm) is an opportunity for the business community to speak to council teams who commission contracts and invite tenders for the local authority – all in one place.
Buyers from all council services will be represented at the event at council HQ in the town’s Almada Street, alongside some of the large construction companies (tier 1 contractors) who regularly work in partnership with South Lanarkshire.
Confirmed exhibitors include:
- Health & Safety/Healthy working lives Education
- Social Work Property/Building Services
- IT Fleet & Environment
- Roads and Transport Facilities & Grounds
- South Lanarkshire Leisure SLC +Economic Development
- Business Gateway Supplier Development Programme
- Hub South West Scotwest credit union
- Lanarkshire Chamber of Commerce James M Anderson
- CITB Public Contracts Scotland
- Construction Scotland Innovation Centre Morgan Sindall (Tier 1 contractor)
- Federation of Small Business Kiers (Tier 1 contractor)
- Scotland Excel
Councillor John Anderson, Chair of community and Enterprise Resources, said: “The council is committed to improving opportunities for local SMEs to access contracts, and this event offers an ideal opportunity to meet directly with those responsible for developing specific requirements.”
Depute Provost, Councillor Collette Stevenson, who will deliver the opening address at the event, added: “Meet the real buyer offers companies a genuine chance to identify leads and get ‘bid ready’. For businesses serious about working with the council and helping us to deliver for the people of South Lanarkshire, this event is a must.”
A number of workshops will also be staged throughout the day aimed at making sure businesses are in the best position to tender for work with the local authority.
‘Meet the Real Buyer’ is open to businesses large and small, as well as those based outside of Scotland. Further details and all the information needed to register is available at www.sdpscotland.co.uk