SDP Scotland Publishes Meet the Buyer 2019 Report
The Supplier Development Programme has published a Report on Meet the Buyer 2019. Meet the Buyer 2019 was held on 13 November 2019 at Hampden Park, Glasgow. Headline partners included the Scottish Government and Scotland Excel.
The largest number of registrations to date were received: 2,623 suppliers registered, and more than 1,100 attended to interact with 69 exhibition stalls, representing 74 organisations. The event had on the whole very positive feedback from respondents, with 82% rating it as Excellent or Good and 90% more likely to bid for public sector contracts as a result of attending.
Meet the Buyer 2019 was opened by Councillor Heather Brannan-McVey, Chair of the Supplier Development Programme. Several presentations were delivered throughout the day, including:
- Scotland Excel: Delivering Social Value through Procurement, delivered by Jenny Bowles, Category Manager for Building and Consultancy;
- Delivering Benefits for Communities through £700 million Annual Spend: How SMEs can Engage with NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde, delivered by Gordon Beattie, Head of Procurement, Greater Glasgow and Clyde Health Board;
- Productivity Clubs Programme (SCDI), delivered by Ashleigh McCulloch, Productivity Clubs Programme Manager;
- Scottish Government Cyber Resilience, delivered by Paul Chapman - Head of Public Sector Cyber Resilience;
- How to do Business with Sellafield Ltd, delivered by John Berry, Supply Chain Manager; and
- SELECT: New Fire Detection Regulations and Fire Alarm Systems in Scotland, delivered by Mark McLaughlin, Technical Adviser.
Additionally, two workshops from the Supplier Development Programme were delivered on “Introduction to Tendering” and “Improving Your Bid Score.” All presentations were delivered in the Auditorium at Hampden Park, which has a capacity of 250 seated.
One attendee remarked, “I learnt about PCS and PCS-T in ways that I hadn't been using it. We got a great insight into how local authorities procure architecture work, didn't know that either.” Another said, “Great speakers, and workshops very informative.”
The busiest presentations were delivered in the morning, and SDP training was standing room only, which suggests that there is an appetite to increase this offering at future events. All presentations made on the day, as well as an overall Meet the Buyer 2019 promotional film, are available on the SDP YouTube Channel and www.sdpscotland.co.uk.
Create an accountRegister now
In this section