About the Supplier Development Programme (registered name Supplier Development Programme Ltd.)
Different parts of the Supplier Development Programme are provided by different Delivery Partners under the “Supplier Development Programme” brand. For example, local Supplier Development Programme services are operated by or on behalf of the relevant local authority, whereas website maintenance and event planning is coordinated by the SDP National Team . Events and workshops may be provided by any Delivery Partner.
This Website is operated by Supplier Development Programme Ltd. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act“), the data controller of this Website is Supplier Development Programme Ltd. Supplier Development Programme Ltd. acts as a data controller in common with the other Delivery Partners in relation to the provision of the Supplier Development Programme.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on this Website or by corresponding with us or the other Delivery Partners by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use this Website, subscribe to our service, participate in surveys, discussions or social media functions on this Website, and when you report a problem with this Website. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, and information relating to your business or proposed business.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to this Website we may automatically collect the following information: technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from this Website (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you interact with other Delivery Partners in relation to Supplier Development Programme or where you attend a Supplier Development Programme event. We are also working closely with the third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors, analytics providers and, search information providers) and may receive information about you from them. Scottish Enterprise hosts a central repository of data relating to users of Supplier Development Programme (the “CRM System”), which can be accessed, used and modified by the Delivery Partners. Scottish Enterprise is the data controller in relation to that CRM System.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information: to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us; to provide you with information about other Supplier Development Programme services or similar services in which you may be interested; to provide you, or permit the Delivery Partners to provide you, with information about services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing user, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about services similar to those which have previously been provided to you or in which you have expressed an interest. If you are a new customer, and where we permit the Delivery Partners to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data; to notify you about changes to Supplier Development Programme; to ensure that content from this Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information: to administer this Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes; to improve this Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; as part of our efforts to keep this Website safe and secure; to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of this Website about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with other Delivery Partners, our professional advisors, our strategic partners, survey and research organisations and the Scottish Government.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into (including without limitation, the delivery of the Supplier Development Programme service).
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of this Website.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that Supplier Development Programme Ltd (or the operation of this Website) is transferred to any other organisation(s), in which case we may disclose your personal data to that other organisation.
Where we store your personal data
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of this Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to this Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us and the other Delivery Partners not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 01698 453 734.
This Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of other organisations. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. If you would like to exercise your right of access in relation to information held by other Delivery Partners then you should say this when making your request to email@example.com