- November 27, 2018
10:00 am - 3:00 pm
A Meet the Buyer with a twist
This is an opportunity for business to speak to the actual South Lanarkshire Buyers who will commission contracts and be involved in identifying potential companies invited to tender, in other words the REAL buyer!!!
Buyers from all South Lanarkshire Council departments will be represented. There will also be representatives from some of the large Tier 1 construction companies South Lanarkshire Council will be working with.
Confirmed exhibitors include:
- Finance and Corporate – Health & Safety
- Education Resources – Education
- Social Work
- Housing & Technical – Property
- Housing & Technical – Building Services
- Finance and Corporate – IT
- Community & Enterprise – Fleet & Environmental
- Community & Enterprise – Roads
- Community & Enterprise – Facilities & Grounds
- South Lanarkshire Leisure – Leisure
- SLC Economic Development
- Business Gateway
- Supplier Development Programme
- Hub South West
- Lanarkshire Chamber of Commerce
- Scotwest Credit Union
- JM Anderson (Tier 1 contractor)
- Public Contracts Scotland
- Construction Scotland Innovation Centre
- Morgan Sindall (Tier 1 contractor)
- Federation of Small Business
- Kiers (Tier 1 contractor)
- Scotland Excel
- Healthy Working Lives
This is an excellent opportunity for you to find out what South Lanarkshire Council will be buying over the next two years and how you can get yourself in a position to bid for these contracts.
The following workshops will be available throughout the day, these are aimed at making sure you are ready to tender to work with us.
10:15 am – Opening Address from Councillor Collette Stevenson, Depute Provost of South Lanarkshire Council.
10:30 am repeated at 1:00 pm – “Talking Tenders” with Kenny Govan, Procurement Category Manager at South Lanarkshire Council.
11:00 am repeated at 1:30 pm – Tender Support and Using Public Contract Scotland (PCS) with Gillian Cameron & Fran Goldie at the Supplier Development Programme.
11:30 am repeated at 2:00 pm – Scotland Excel Framework Opportunities with Peter Killiard, Senior Procurement Specialist at Scotland Excel.
12:00 pm repeated at 2:30 pm – Supply Chain Opportunities with Gordon Hunter, Supply Chain Development Manager at Hub South West.
Please be aware there is very limited parking for this event, however Hamilton West train station is a 5 minute walk away.
Larger businesses and those based outside of Scotland are welcome to attend this event. If you are not a Scottish based SME or third sector organisation please register using the link below.