2.1 Passing the Selection Stage – The Single Procurement Document (SPD)
Wednesday 13 December 2023, 1:30-3:00pm
Do you know how to complete the Single Procurement Document?
The Single Procurement Document (SPD) is a set of questions, that cannot be altered, which helps buyers identify if your business is suitably qualified to carry out the contract you are bidding for.
Most buyers use the SPD for the tendering process, as it ensures that the process stays consistent. It can reduce your workload when bidding on an opportunity as your answers can be saved and reused again and again along as they remain relevant.
Previously known as European Single Procurement Document (ESPD), the SPD is a regular part of bidding for public sector contracts.
Completing the SPD can be daunting for everyone, even if you have done so in the past. It is a long electronic document that splits questions into different subsections and parts. During this training event, you will be given examples of the standard questions asked in the SPD by one of SDP’s expert trainers, who has also completed numerous Single Procurement Documents and will teach you an expert method on how to answer all questions robustly and correctly.
You will learn:
- What is the Single Procurement Document (SPD)?
- When will you need to complete the SPD?
- Standard Questions
- Mitigating any issues in your SPD
- Checking your submission
At the end of the session, there will be an interactive Q&A session where you will have the opportunity to ask any questions your business may have about the SPD, as well as give you the chance to hear what other SME businesses in Scotland have to say.
This event is suitable for Level 2 (Intermediate) for people who know about bidding but need to develop specific knowledge and skills.
How to prepare for this event
You can attend the webinar from the comfort of your own desk – the joining instructions and Cisco WebEx link are contained within the confirmation email received at time of booking, and also within the reminder emails. To prepare, you can access SDP's top tips on how to join a webinar, or alternatively please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further questions about the joining process.
Please feel free to join the webinar before the start time.
Don't just take our word for it! Here is what our suppliers had to say
- "This course would be extremely beneficial for someone who has never worked on an ESPD or an SPD before.” – Small business from Glasgow City.
- “I had no idea about Public Sector contracts before going into this, but the course didn’t make me feel out of my depth. I feel that the event was directed and conducted correctly.” – Small business from Glasgow City.
- “I found the step-by-step instructions for completing the SPD very useful. It was an excellent event.” – Micro business from Argyll and Bute.
Log in to book for this event.
Your next workshop is -
2.2 How to Write Outstanding Tenders - Invitation to Tender (ITT) Stage
Create an accountRegister now
In this section